NutraBlend 22-20 MP Milk Replacer
Contains milk-based protein ingredients plus Glymaxene, a unique soy protein source that is more digestible to young calves through a patented process at Land O'Lakes.
Always weigh milk replacer powder for accurate mixing. Fill cup to mark with 10 oz. milk replacer powder and sprinkle into approximately 1.5 quarts of 110-120 degrees F. water. Mix thoroughly and add 110-120 degrees F. water to bring to a total volume of 2 quarts of milk replacer solution.
Large batches: Mix 6.25 pounds of milk replacer powder into approximately4 gallons of 110-120 degrees F. water. Mix thoroughly and add 110-120 degrees F. water to bring a total volume of 5 gallons of milk replacer solution.
Feed each calf according to the schedule listed below.
(2 DAYS OF AGE TO WEANING)
ALWAYS OFFER FREE CHOICE WATER.
Large Breeds: Feed 2.3 quarts reconstituted liquid milk replacer twice a day.
Small Breeds: Feed 2 to 2.3 quarts reconstituted liquid milk replacer twice a day.
Three Times Daily and/or Cold Weather: It is beneficial (especially in cold weather) to feed three feedings of calf milk replacer spaced evenly through the 24 hours. Mix as above and feed 2 to 2.3 quarts per feeding.
1. Feed newborn calves 3 quarts of high quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later (or) feed 4 quarts of high quality warm colostrum by esophageal feeder within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
2. Consult with your veterinarian on a a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E. coli, rota and corona virus, clostridium and salmonella.
3. For best mixing, continuously stir with wire whip while adding powder to 110-120 degree F. water (hot as you can tolerate on your hand). Use correct water temperature to avoid product separation. Feed milk replacer at 100-105 degree F.
4. Begin feeding milk replacer on Day 2 and provide fresh, clean water along with a high quality, palatable calf starter on a free-choice basis.
5. Observe calves closely during the milk replacer feeding period. Avoid underfeeding, which may increase incidence of scours.
6. Continue to feed milk replacer until the calf is consuming a minimum of 1.5 pounds of calf starter per day, which usually occurs at 5-7 weeks of age.
Dried Whey, Dried Whey Protein Concentration, Dried Whey Product, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Milk Protein, Protein Modified Soy Flour, Animal Fat (preserved with Ethoxyquin), Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, DiCalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Silicate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Selenium Yeast, Natural and Artificial Flavor.
Ranch-Way Feeds • 546 Willow Street • Fort Collins, Colorado 80524 • 1.800.333.7929