NutraBlend 22-20 MP & BOV Milk Replacer
Contains milk-based protein ingredients plus Glymaxene®, a unique soy protein source that is more digestible to young calves through a patented process at Land O’Lakes.
ACTIVE DRUG INGREDIENT
Lasalocid (as lasalocid sodium) . ……….36 mg/lb (72 g/ton)For the control of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria bovis and Eimeria zuerniiin replacement calves.
When mixed and fed according to directions, 45 milligrams of lasalocid will be provided per 100 pounds of body weight daily.
Always weigh milk replacer powder for accurate mixing.
Add 10 ounces of milk replacer powder to 1.5 quarts of 110-120° F. water and mix thoroughly. Add 110-120° F. water to bring final solution up to 2 quarts and mix thoroughly. Feed immediately after mixing. Each quart of milk replacer will then contain 11.25 milligrams of lasalocid.
Add 10 ounces milk replacer powder to provide proper lasalocid (Bovatec) medication level.
(2 DAYS OF AGE TO WEANING)
Always offer free choice water.
Feed the following amounts of milk replacer twice daily per calf.
Calf Milligrams Lasalocid Quarts Fed
Weight Required Per Per Feeding
(lbs.) Calf Per Day Twice-A-Day
75 34 1.5
100 45 2.0
125 57 2.5
150 68 3.0
Feed during periods of coccidiosis exposure or when experience indicates coccidiosis is likely to be a problem.
IMPORTANT: Thoroughly mix milk replacer powder in warm water, and feed immediately. When preparing large batches (i.e., anything other than individual calf servings) keep the mixture agitated while dispensing into individual feeding containers to prevent any settling which could result in the feeding of improper levels of lasalocid.
1. Feed newborn calves 3 quarts of high quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later (or) feed 4 quarts of high quality warm colostrum by esophageal feeder within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
2. Consult with your veterinarian on a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E. coli, rota and corona virus, clostridium and salmonella.
3. For best mixing, continuously stir with wire whip while adding powder to 110-120° F. water (hot as you can tolerate on your hand). Use correct water temperature to avoid product separation. Feed milk replacer at 100-105° F.
4. Begin feeding milk replacer on day 2 and provide fresh, clean water along with a high quality, palatable calf starter on a free-choice basis.
5. Observe calves closely during the milk replacer feeding period. Avoid underfeeding, which may result in starvation, or overconsumption which may increase incidence of scours.
6. Continue to feed milk replacer until the calf is consuming a minimum of 1.5 pounds of calf starter per day, which usually occurs at 5-7 weeks of age.
CAUTION: The safety of lasalocid in unapproved species has not been established. This product is to be fed to calves only.
WARNING: A withdrawal period has not been established for lasalocid in pre-ruminating calves.
DO NOT USE IN CALVES TO BE PROCESSED FOR VEAL.
DO NOT FEED TO LACTATING COWS.
Dried Whey, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey Product, Dried Skimmed Milk, Dried Milk Protein, Protein Modified Soy Flour, Animal Fat (preserved with Ethoxyquin), Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, DiCalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Calcium Silicate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Selenium Yeast and Natural & Artificial Flavor.
Ranch-Way Feeds • 546 Willow Street • Fort Collins, Colorado 80524 • 1.800.333.7929